Why Soy Wax is the Healthier Candle Option for Your Home
Have you ever wondered what kind of wax is used in your favorite candles? Many candles on the market today are made from paraffin wax, a petroleum byproduct, or other types of waxes that may not be as healthy for you or the environment. But there's a better alternative — all-natural soy wax.
In this post, we'll explore what soy wax is and why we use it in our candles.
What is soy wax?
Soy wax is a type of wax that is made from soybean oil, which is extracted from soybeans, a renewable and sustainable resource. Soybean oil is hydrogenated to create soy wax, which has a smooth, creamy texture and a lower melting point compared to other waxes.
Why is soy wax better for you?
- Non-Toxic: One of the biggest advantages of soy wax is that it is non-toxic, meaning it doesn't release harmful fumes or chemicals when burned. In contrast, paraffin wax candles can release harmful chemicals such as benzene and toluene, which are known to be carcinogenic.
- Clean-Burning: Soy wax candles burn cleaner than candles made from other waxes. They produce minimal soot, which means they won't leave black residue on your walls, ceilings or furnishings. This makes them a healthier option for people with respiratory sensitivities or allergies.
- Renewable and Sustainable: Soy wax is made from a renewable and sustainable source — soybeans. Unlike paraffin wax, which is derived from petroleum, soybeans are a renewable resource that can be grown without harming the environment. Choosing soy wax candles supports sustainable farming practices and reduces our dependence on fossil fuels.
- Longer Burning Time: Soy wax candles tend to burn longer than paraffin candles. This is because soy wax has a lower melting point, allowing it to burn more slowly and evenly. You'll enjoy longer hours of fragrant candlelight with soy wax candles, making them a more economical choice in the long run.
- Eco-Friendly: Soy wax is biodegradable, which means it breaks down naturally and doesn't contribute to environmental pollution. It is also easier to clean up spills and residue from soy wax candles compared to paraffin wax candles, as soy wax can be easily cleaned with soap and water.
Ready to make a healthier and more sustainable choice for your home? Click here to explore the Corridor Collection of all-natural soy wax candles.